Transport for the South East has underlined its commitment to diversity and inclusion by signing up to the Chartered Institute for Highways and Transportation (CIHT) Diversity & Inclusion Charter.
The charter has been signed by more than 60 organisations across the public and private sectors.
In signing the charter, we have committed to:
- Strive to achieve best practice in our recruitment, retention and career progression practices as employers.
- Support the development of good diversity and inclusion practice by collecting and sharing examples of practical activities that contribute to progress with CIHT and other signatories.
- Assign responsibility for meeting our charter commitments to a named, senior level individual.
- Work together to develop and adopt future protocols and practice that support the implementation of the aims of the charter.
- Recognise, respect, capitalise and celebrate contributions from different people to strengthen team performance.
- Display the CIHT diversity and inclusion logo to publicly demonstrate our commitment to this agenda.
A clear and unequivocal commitment to diversity and inclusion will help us to better reflect the communities we serve.
It will help us to attract and retain the best talent, work better with our partners and add real value to people and businesses across the South East.Rupert Clubb, lead officer for Transport for the South East
Find out more here: Diversity & Inclusion Charter | CIHT