Structure and governance
Transport for the South East has a robust governance structure which provides leadership, accountability, expertise and oversight of the Transport for the South East programme.
The Partnership Board is Transport for the South East’s decision-making body. It is made up of a mix of representatives from the public and private sectors including local authorities, business groups, protected landscapes and national delivery partners.
The Partnership Board meets on a quarterly basis. It is the only forum where all constituent members are represented at elected member level, ensuring local democratic accountability in decision-making.
The Transport Forum provides a mechanism to engage with a wider group of stakeholders including user groups, transport owners and operators, business groups, environmental groups and delivery partners. It meets quarterly and provides expertise, intelligence and advice to the Senior Officer Group and the Partnership Board.
The Senior Officer Group supports the Partnership Board with expert research and advice on which to base its decisions, and liaises with the Transport Forum. It meets monthly and comprises senior transport officers from our constituent authorities and other partners.
The Programme Management Office is responsible for developing our transport strategy and our proposal to government for statutory status. It provides Transport for the South East with organisational and administrative support and delivers communications and stakeholder engagement activities to support our work programme.
- Cllr Keith Glazier, Leader East Sussex County Council
- Cllr Tony Page, Deputy Leader Reading Borough Council (representing Berkshire Local Transport Body)
- Cllr Michael Payne, Cabinet Member for Highways & Transport, Kent County Council
- Cllr Roger Elkins, Cabinet Member for Highways and Infrastructure, West Sussex County Council
- Cllr Anne Pissaridou, Chair of the Environment, Transport & Sustainability Committee, Brighton & Hove City Council
- Cllr Ian Ward, Cabinet Member for Infrastructure and Transport, Isle of Wight Council
- Cllr Jacqui Rayment, Cabinet Member for Environment and Transport and Deputy Leader Southampton City Council
- Cllr Lynne Stagg, Cabinet Member for Traffic and Transportation, Portsmouth City Council
- Cllr Rob Humby, Executive Member for Environment and Transport Hampshire County Council
- Cllr Colin Kemp, Deputy Leader, Surrey County Council
- Cllr Alan Jarrett, Leader, Medway Council
- Geoff French, Interim Chair, TfSE Transport Forum
- Martin Harris, Coast to Capital LEP (representing LEPs)
- Ross McNally, Enterprise M3 LEP (representating LEPs)
- Margaret Paren, Chair, South Downs National Park (representing protected landscapes)
- Cllr David Monk, Leader, Folkestone & Hythe District Council (representing district and borough authorities)
- Cllr Dan Humphreys, Leader, Worthing Borough Council (representing district and borough authorities)
- John Halsall, Managing Director, Southern Region, Network Rail
- Liz Garlinge, Network Planning Director, Highways England
- Alex Williams, Director of City Planning, Transport for London
Discover the latest news from Transport for the South East…
Transport for the South East
St. Anne's Crescent